[Sca-cooks] Ka'ak recipe -- someone still looking for one?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Sep 3 21:40:45 PDT 2009

>So that's three period recipes for ka'ak in cookbooks (plus unseen
>possibilities in Ibn Sina). I'm sure there are some in the 14th c.
>"Book of the Description of Familiar Foods", and it includes a
>confectioner's manual (it's in M.A.C. - Medieval Arab Cookery).

I'm afraid not. The Rodinson piece mentions that there are three in
the book he is discussing, but the book itself isn't translated in
_Medieval Arab Cookery_ (or anywhere else that I know of).
_Description of Familiar Foods_ mentions Ka'ak several times but
doesn't provide a recipe for making it.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com