[Sca-cooks] Frozen meat for sausage

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 09:11:56 PDT 2009

You can if you want to but I don't believe you have to.  I think the
concerns about freezing and refreezing is the breakdown of cell walls (meany
the meat gets mushy) and contamination.

Beenie says the faster you can freeze it back down the smaller the ice
crystals will be and the less mushy it'll be.  As for contamination, you are
not going to let it sit out on the counter for half a day so that shouldn't
be a big worry either.

But, this country thrives on an over abundance of caution so if you are at
all concerned, cook it and then freeze it.

Shoshanna