[Sca-cooks] Rice in Anonymous Andalusian Cookbook?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 10 00:34:13 PDT 2009

I mistakenly said:

<<< Yes, that isn't surprising. Rice didn't get to large parts of Europe
until late in period. I seem to remember 13th C. The Anonymous
Andalusian Cookbook is much earlier. >>>

To which Cariadoc replied:
<<< The Anonymous Andalusian Cookbook is 13th century. And has rice. >>>

Yes, for some reason I was thinking this manuscript dated from the
ninth century. It was early. Just not that early. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com