[Sca-cooks] Quick Brick Bread Oven

Jeanne Wood m_morgaina at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 09:17:19 PDT 2009

Greetings,
I am new to this list. I thought some of you might be interested in an article I wrote. It's directed towards Modern Potters, but still readable ;-)

Recently I constructed a Bread oven in my back yard. It's based on the
Medieval bread oven, but this one is a temporary without the use of mortar
or cob and construction only takes as long as it takes to stack a bunch
of bricks. In spite of it's primitive informality it bakes beautifully
even if it doesn't look beautifully.

The Potter's Council asked me to write an article on it for the "Potters
Pages", so if you belong to the Council you can see the article in the
next issue, professionally edited. If, however, you don't belong to the
Council and you are interested in reading the article I also posted it,
without the professional editing, on my pottery blog here:
http://keepcentered.blogspot.com/

The blog covers both period style and modern pottery.

-Morgaina atte Wodelonde (mka Jeanne Wood)
AnTir