[Sca-cooks] Soup-tastic (was: Onion-riffic)

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Sep 16 15:59:20 PDT 2009

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Antonia Calvo wrote:

> Christiane wrote:
>
>> I know there's an onion stew in Italy, cipollata, which is found all over
>> the boot. And here's a porktacular modern version from Florence:
>> http://www.recipezaar.com/Onion-and-Pork-Sausage-Soup-from-Florence-Cipollata-83477
>>

> Yum... that would go down really well here.
> Actually, just going off on a tangent, how do people feel about soups in
> general.

I wouldn't serve a soup for an evening meal because you can't always
guarantee that people will have the bowl and spoon to eat it with. Soup
appears to be the norm for on-site lunches hereabouts--soup, bread,
butter, cheese, apples--so for my last event lunch I served sausages
instead of soup. :-)

If I do another feast I am similarly unlikely to serve a preponderance of
things that require bowls and spoons, even though it's appropriate for
everybody except head table, just because it's logistically too much of a
pain to deal with.

Margaret FitzWilliam