[Sca-cooks] Soup-tastic (was: Onion-riffic)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 16 21:54:50 PDT 2009

Yum... that would go down really well here.
Actually, just going off on a tangent, how do people feel about soups in
general.

To which Margaret FitzWilliam replied:
<<< I wouldn't serve a soup for an evening meal because you can't always
guarantee that people will have the bowl and spoon to eat it with. Soup
appears to be the norm for on-site lunches hereabouts--soup, bread,
butter, cheese, apples--so for my last event lunch I served sausages
instead of soup. :-) >>>

Interesting. I'm not sure if it is a regional or kingdom difference,
but here you are likely to see a soup or stew for about 60% of the
dinner feasts and much fewer of the served lunches, especially for
camping events.

I won't be serving soup at the Nobles lunch I will be serving in
October since it has been requested to be finger-foods.

Still looking for ideas. Since this is our 30th baronial anniversary,
the event is based on the SCA 30 years ago. I would like to start with
some foods common to the SCA in the late 70s and then offer some of
the best from current times.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com