[Sca-cooks] OT: a short vacation before winter

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 05:15:37 PDT 2009

I've always enjoyed New Orleans.  I haven't been there since Katrina, but I
understand that most of what you'd want to see is ok now.  It is THE place
for good food and good times.

We also have enjoyed the Bahamas...not sure what kind of deals they are
offering now, but I have seen some.  The first time we went to Port Lucaya
on Grand Bahamas, last time (January of this year) we went to Nassau.  Both
very nice.

And I agree about Hawaii...Though it's been a VERY long time since I've been
there, it was wonderful...and it would probably be a lot less expensive from
where you are than from where I am.  I've only been on Oahu...and it was
lovely.  And if you like history, it's really great...museums, botanical
gardens and of course, Pearl Harbor.  There used to be a terrific "swap
meet" at a drive-in theatre near Pearl.  Friends who have been to the the
Big Island (Hawaii) and Maui really enjoyed those as well.  All in all, a
wonderful paradise-type place for a second honeymoon, IMHO!

Kiri