[Sca-cooks] Sausage recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 29 22:21:00 PDT 2009

Aldyth said:

<<< After harvesting a pretty healthy doe this past weekend, I have
more venison
than I want to make stew from.>>>

Are you only interested in stews? Or do you mean, after you'd already
cut off all the steaks and roasts and such that you wanted? It's hard
to believe you could be in such a dilemma. :-)  The only time I've had
any venison was at a few SCA feasts. sob. And one of them that was
supposed to be venison steaks was venison stew because the hunters
weren't as lucky as they thought they'd be earlier in the year.

<<<  So..I went to the florig.  to look up
sausage recipes, and the search button doesn't want to work for me. >>>

My apologies. If you will contact me off-list I'm willing to help you
figure out what is wrong. You are talking about the search button that
only appears on the top of the main page of the Florilegium, right?
Someday I will get a button on the lefthand menu or on each index
page...

<<< If
someone could post a link so I can peek at the files, I would be
grateful.
Or fling a good period sausage recipe that you particularly like.
The one I am making the antelope sausage from is from Platina. >>>

I would check these files in the FOOD-MEATS section:
sausages-msg     (182K)  1/15/08  Period sausages. Making sausage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausages-msg.html
sausage-makng-msg (50K)  4/23/07  Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
  http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausage-makng-msg.html
venison-msg       (58K)  1/16/09    Medieval and modern recipes for
venison.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/venison-msg.html

I tried a search on "venison sausage" and didn't find anything other
than some feast menu articles. They might or might not include an
actual recipe.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com