[Sca-cooks] Sixteenth Century Turkish

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 7 08:16:22 PDT 2010

On Apr 7, 2010, at 10:42 AM, yaini0625 at yahoo.com wrote:

> "Way back machine"?
> Aelina

I'm sure opening the link provided will fill you in on the details as to this particular usage. Generally speaking, though, The Wayback Machine is the time machine featured in Jay Ward's "Peabody's Improbable Histories" cartoons, commonly referred to as "Mr. Peabody and Sherman".

I believe this use refers to a site that caches other web sites, so they can be read even if the original host deletes them.

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter