[Sca-cooks] Martha Washington's Booke of Cookery

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 7 20:53:41 PDT 2010

On Apr 7, 2010, at 6:59 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> So skip this Kimball edition and just buy the Hess edited version published by Columbia University Press.

Speaking as one who knows a little, and knows it is a little, of both fields, Hess is arguably one of the best, if not the best, authorities on both culinary manuscript geekery and practical cookery knowledge in one person's body. There are a lot of books written and edited by a lot of people who know one or the other really well; few do both as well as she does.

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter