[Sca-cooks] quark?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 11 15:39:26 PDT 2010

Katherine B. said:
<<<...This "quark" is a nice white.

I have bought some modern quark (I'd never tasted it) and am
attempting to
use a buttermilk with the quark culture (one with rennet, one without)
and
a milk culture with both rennet and quark culture.   They are all
setting
nicely for a kitchen cheese play-date tomorrow.  >>>

Okay, I'm a bit confused. What is this 'quark'? Is it a fresh cheese?
Is it a sour cream? Is it a different fermented milk product? I doubt
it is a sub-atomic particle.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com