[Sca-cooks] quark?

Kate Wood malkin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 15:43:03 PDT 2010

> Okay, I'm a bit confused. What is this 'quark'? Is it a fresh cheese? Is it
> a sour cream? Is it a different fermented milk product? I doubt it is a
> sub-atomic particle.
>
> Stefan

Quark is a fresh cheese, it tastes a lot like fromage frais (the
version not intended for consumption by children) or yogurt cheese but
a bit tangier. You can add fruit to it, like yogurt, or use it like
you would creme fraiche or sour cream, or you can make tarts with it.
I have used it in sambocade, it's nice. (I think it's from Poland).

Kate