[Sca-cooks] quark?

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Sun Apr 11 22:29:05 PDT 2010

> Wikipedia is pretty good on what it is.
> You encounter it being used in cheesecakes in Germany.
> Some write that it is the most popular cheese in that country.
>
> Johnnae

I told my Mom today that I was making quark and she got quite excited -
she's from Berlin (not Buhr-lin) - and has never seen it for sale where
she lives, even at the deli.  She told me that my grandfather's favorite
dish was a riced potato and creamy quark pancake fried in butter and
potentially topped with apricots and powdered sugar.  I promised her that
next time I visited we would make this together.

My mother also told me to immediately turn my quark into cheesecake, for
which I have very limited impulse control :-)  I will look through the
Wecker recipes for a torte of this nature - I think there were a couple!

Katherine B