[Sca-cooks] 10th-13th century Turkish was Sixteenth Century Turkish

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 12:56:28 PDT 2010

Righto.  I'm actually trying to find out about the whole area; Turkey,
Greece, Modern day Bulgaria (whatever it was called, at the time), and
Macedonia/Croatia.  I think I can do Italy, on my own.  Lots of resources,
there.  I'm looking for what would have been staples, what would have been
luxury food, and the primary dietary differences.  If I traveled from one to
another, what would I have noticed?

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> So actually you want Turkish cookery from 900-1200 CE?
>
> Or 10th-13th centuries?
>
> Johnnae
>
> On Apr 13, 2010, at 12:28 AM, Ian Kusz wrote:
>
> sorry, I meant medieval/viking age Turkey.  I'm unclear on the terminology.
>>
>> anything in, say, early medieval/viking, say, 900-1200?

Ian of Oertha