[Sca-cooks] Seafood, was Re: Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 10:08:57 PDT 2010

> I like mussels (garlic and butter and white wine or ale!) but I feel that
> way about squid and octopus. If I wanted to eat rubber bands, I've got some
> here in the desk drawer. :-P

Squid and octopus, prepared the right way, is heavenly. As soft as
properly prepared scallops, softer than any lobster I've ever had. Try
a good Japanese restaurant. I don't know what they do to it before
they cook it, but it's amazing.

> I've had lobster-

Ah, the best crab I've had... served in a church basement as a
fundraiser, somewhere in New Brunswick. Fresh catch (that very
morning). Served with garlic butter, coleslaw and potato salad. You
really have to meet someone who can show you how to eat it properly
though, and get all the pieces of meat from the body (between the
legs) and smallest parts too... My personal teacher ate lobster with
the fishermen, who'd boil them right on the ship in a pot of
seawater...