[Sca-cooks] shrimp

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 15:51:33 PDT 2010

<<< Hrothny
*I realised that I was in my 50s and had never really eaten any squash other
than pumpkin, and no seafood, either. So I'm been trying various ones out. I
now regret missing summer squash and zucchini - they're tasty! And jus two
weekends ago, I learned how to eat shrimp. Big BIG shrimp. Yum. :) >>>

I've still not found any gourds I like. Well, except pumpkin.  However, I've almost always liked seafood. Shrimp actually seem to be getting cheaper, even without counting in inflation. Perhaps it has to do with more and more being farmed, although I'm seeing "wild caught" shrimp in the store for not much more than the farm raised. This also may be affected by the fact that I'm only four or so hours from the Gulf Coast.

Anyway, Hrothny, just in case you might wish to indulge in your new taste in shrimp using some period recipes...

shrimp-msg (24K) 12/ 7/09 Medieval shrimp recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/shrimp-msg.html

Shrympes-art (16K) 10/11/01 "Shrympes" by Lady Constance de Larose.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/Shrympes-art.html

seafood-msg (116K) 6/ 7/09 Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/seafood-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com