[Sca-cooks] Happy Anniversary

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Apr 30 21:31:05 PDT 2010

>>> and Welcome to  A.S. XLV (45)
>>>
>>> So what are people looking forward to in the year ahead?
>>>
>> New name!
>>
>> Liutgard of Luxeuil ;-)
>>
> Hello Liutgard, Nice to meet you :)
>
> Ranvaig

Thank you!

By way of introduction, Liutgard is a Frankish woman of Alemannic and
Austrasian family, in the neighborhood of 780-800 CE. She has ties to
the monastery at Luxeuil (family money) and Corbie, and the convent at
Chelles. She's involved in the educational system that Charles the Great
is building. (I'm finding the ties between the court and
Luxeuil/Corbie/Chelles to be fascinating. And it seems that wherever I
go in the research, all roads lead to Corbie...)

And yes, I'm working on figuring out what the Franks were eating. :-)

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore