[Sca-cooks] bread, again

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Apr 5 14:25:31 PDT 2010

I'd use butter unless they specifically call for oil.    You will probably
either want to melt the butter or use it at room temperature, so that it
will blend into the dough more easily.  When I hear the term "French bread"
rather than a specific name, it usually means an enriched white bread,
usually with milk and butter, a little sugar, and possibly a couple of eggs.
A variant of the Elizabethean "pouf."  Have fun and let us know how it
tastes.

Bear