[Sca-cooks] Pre-1600 recipes for "anchient grains"

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 07:40:32 PDT 2010

Most grains, since Man first domesticated grain, has been hybridized in some form or another. There is an on going project through, I believe, UC Davis and U Wisconsin on "Biblical" grains. You may want to google "Biblical Grains" and see what comes up. When my Dad calls back I can tell you the exact name of the project.
A grain I was recently researching was Amaranth aka "pig weed." It is finding a new modern interest but apparently was used in some form.
Aelina the Saami

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T