[Sca-cooks] Sixteenth Century Turkish

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Apr 6 17:37:24 PDT 2010

I found illustrations of Ottoman sugar works and sugar garden parades
several years
back when working on a subtletie. The really great Geocities site is
gone alas, but there's this one which features the early 18th century
miniatures

http://www.kanyak.com/surname-i-vehbi/index.html

It seems to feature most of what the former site did.

There's also this essay at the same site:
The Imperial Procession: Recreating a world's order

Stephane Yerasimos

It details the early history of the processions.

There's also material at:

http://www.turkish-cuisine.org/english/index.php
---
Readers might also like a number of the articles at Muslimheritage.com

I came across these today:

http://www.muslimheritage.org/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=1101

http://MuslimHeritage.com/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=696

Johnna