[Sca-cooks] Books was Martha Washington's Booke of Cookery

Ron Carnegie r.carnegie at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 08:54:35 PDT 2010

  This would certainly be the more accurate understanding of this book.  It
is called "Martha Washington's book of cookery" because that will sell more
copies than  "Frances Parke Custis' book of Cookery".  I don't believe it is
clear who actually first started collecting the receipts in the book, but it
was NOT Martha.  Two book find themselves in this odd situation.  The one we
are discussing and "George Washington's Rules of Civility".  Neither of
these were authored by the people to whom they are attributed.

Ranald de Balinhard, who is in the mundane world a Washington Scholar

"I'm your huckleberry"

Ron Carnegie
r.carnegie at verizon.net