[Sca-cooks] Drying Candied Orange Peels

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Apr 28 12:04:20 PDT 2010

It really varies, depending upon the thickness of peels
and the amount of candying. If you candy until the peel is saturated
with sugar and has sugar crystals, those peels don't mold or
spoil. Chewier peels with less sugar are subject to decay.
How well they last depends on how they are stored, humidity, etc.
Besides vacuum packing or seal a meal storage, you might look into
something like those Freshvac containers.

How many pounds are you planning on making for your feast in the fall?
If you make them up fresh, the week of the event you should be ok.

Johnnae