[Sca-cooks] squash was Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Apr 28 16:44:38 PDT 2010

Of course the acclaimed new translation of Le Menagier
titled The Good Wife's Guide uses the word "squash"
in several recipes.
The translators explain in a footnote that "prior to
the introduction of new varieties of squash from the Americas, European
courges were gourds...".

My copy of Sufi Cuisine doesn't mention zucchini by the way, but it may
be the English edition.

Johnnae