[Sca-cooks] Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Fri Apr 30 00:22:49 PDT 2010

> A little exercise here: name a slimy food, please.
> One that actually contains or is covered with, slime.
> Arguably, okra? Zucchini? The last raw oyster I touched,
> it was what was known as wet, what with having been
> in the ocean and all...

Fried eggplant.

 (yeah, yeah, I know, 'it's all in the cooking'. But I was forced to eat
badly-fried, absolutely slimey eggplant as a kid and now, 45 years later, I
still can't bring myself to try to make anything with eggplant, even when I
intellectually know that it won't be the same as that horrid stuff I was
forced to eat so long ago.)

Hrothny