[Sca-cooks] eggplant bitterness

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 07:24:41 PDT 2010

I've heard the female eggplants are less bitter thing myself - where?  I
don't know - probably Alton Brown!

Also, it's not always the seeds but the skin - you can peel them and also
salt them letting some of the water and bitterness seep out - just remember
to rinse really well before going on to your next step.

OR -  you can call in a scullery party to de-seed all your eggplants for
you!!!  Hey, I'm sure someone did that at some point!  Can you see that call
out to your list - I'm looking for 15 people to deseed eggplants for feast!
Sorry - just being silly - it's Friday, 8:30am and I'm already in need of a
nap!

-S