[Sca-cooks] Raw clams/raw oysters was Re: Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 09:29:13 PDT 2010

Actually, the latest reports have the slick heading to Louisiana/Alabama shores-the very active shoreline with over 40 natural wildlife preserves, as well as millions of fishing areas and oyster bars and where entire families are about to lose their livelihood.
I am on the Birder List for Alabama and we are anticipating major hits on Pelican and Shorebird nesting sites, as well. What it will do to Manatee migration is anyone's guess.
This is shaping up to be a major natural disaster.

Sorry for the off-topic comments, folks, but...::sigh::...it may well be decades before our food sources recover, not to say the beauty of our wildlife. I have stood on the shores, watching a flock of Brown Pelicans in feeding formation....it wasn't that long ago there were no Pelicans on the Gulf Coast-they had been hunted to the point of almost extinction.

Helen
Wanting to go help, but can't....