[Sca-cooks] An announcement from the erstwhile 'Lainie

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Apr 4 18:31:33 PDT 2010

Greetings all!

A few of you already know this, but I've been chewing on it for awhile
and have decided to simple inhale deeply and do it.

I'm changing my name.

I've been Elaine de Montgris (AKA 'Lainie) for 20, almost 21 years now.
It was a fine name for a late 12th c Norman woman, or for a late
14th-early 15th c French woman.

Past couple of years though, a passing interest in things Frankish,
particularly Merovingian and Carolingian, has become more of an
obsession, and the more I find, the more I find I do not know, and the
more delicious rabbit holes I want to go down. And, well, I can't
document the name Elaine previous to the 12th Arthurian cycle I found
her in. The name just doesn't quite work for the Frankish life I'm
working towards.

And you know, in a couple of weeks here, we start a new year, yes? What
better time to change your name? (If you're going to already, I mean. :-)

So, as of May 1st, if you would please call me by my new name, Liutgard
of Luxeuil, I should be quite honored. :-)

till then,
'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore