[Sca-cooks] sour and substantial breads

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 07:00:36 PDT 2010

Okay, I've heard about beer bread, how does it taste?

Also, I remember tasting some kind of loaf that wasn't just sourdough
(though it may have been sourdough plus something else), but it was
memorable.  Sour, but also reminding me of english muffins, and really heavy
craft breads, and biscuits and gravy, and meatloaf.....what I mean, was that
after eating it, I felt FULL, which I rarely do when eating bread, and it
was, somehow, more satisfying.  It had a sour taste, but it was
more....umame, I guess, than I'm used to.  Anyone have any idea what it
might have been?  It wasn't too mealy, which I've had when breads were
cooked badly....it was great with butter...

--
Ian of Oertha