[Sca-cooks] Wayback Machine, was Sixteenth Century Turkish

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 7 09:50:23 PDT 2010

>"Way back machine"?
>Aelina

Johnna posted a URL, and it has several points of access.

http://www.archive.org/index.php
is one front door, as it were, where they note some of the other
things they have archived, moving images, live music, audio, and
texts.

To use The Wayback Machine, and to learn more about what it is, visit:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

The Internet Archive saves web sites, among many other things, and to
visit them, one uses The Wayback Machine.

If one has a site one uses often and it disappears, its a good way to
visit it again, although it isnt always 100%. It was a big help to me
when my original Dar Anahita disappeared. They hadnt saved every
page, and they didnt save every graphic, but much of it was there.

I also get nostalgic for the web 10 or more years ago, when it was a
much more innocent and less corporate place and websites didnt all
look the same.
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim