[Sca-cooks] Online Food Magazine from Cumbria

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 12 06:15:16 PDT 2010

Greetings!  I have been (periodically) looking at a Cumbrian foodways
magazine which has now launched a very lovely new version.  Cumbria is
the home of Ivan Day, where I have attended some four different courses
of his.  While the magazine isn't "period", they support and encourage
old ways of doing things.  I thought that a number of you might be
interested in seeing the current magazine.  There are videos included
and a number of explanations of things that would be appropriate to
cooking re-creation folk.  Here is what they sent out:

Today we launched a monthly magazine to complement the Artisan-food
website, and each month you will receive a link to the magazine when we
publish it. (click the link below for this months edition)

www.artisan-food.com/magazine.htm

This time we are covering "Real bread" around the county, which is
pretty timely given the Real Bread campaigns current press coverage
describing Supermaket bakeries as "loaf tanning salons". I wish we'd
thought of that soundbite, but we where too busy filming the morning
shift in one of Cumbria's real bakeries, the fabulous Staff Of Life in
Kendal. You can watch this short video in the magazine along with some
other taste bud tingling clips.

We have some great contributors to the magazine, notably Annette Gibbons
OBE, one of Cumbria's well know local foodies. Peter Sidwell, who runs
the Good Taste Cafe in Keswick and who has just been signed up for his
own TV series. As well as Caroline Watson from Yew Tree Farm, one of our
favourite local producers, rearing Herdwick and Belted Galloway from her
iconic farm near Coniston. This month Caroline explains what Spring Lamb
really is!

We ask you to do one thing right now, in return for the magazine. Please
forward this e-mail to at least one good foodie friend. If you can
e-mail it to more then that would be great. We want your support!.

Alys Katharine
--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com