[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 48, Issue 51

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Fri Apr 30 04:57:08 PDT 2010

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:08:57 -0400
From: Audrey Bergeron-Morin <audreybmorin at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Seafood, was Re: Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

> I like mussels (garlic and butter and white wine or ale!) but I feel that
> way about squid and octopus. If I wanted to eat rubber bands, I've got
some
> here in the desk drawer. :-P

Squid and octopus, prepared the right way, is heavenly. As soft as
properly prepared scallops, softer than any lobster I've ever had. Try
a good Japanese restaurant. I don't know what they do to it before
they cook it, but it's amazing.

It may just be a matter of freshness. I had some calamari in Noosa earlier
this year that was like butter - it was amazing. And that was just from a
plain old fish and chip shop on the river front.

Angharad