[Sca-cooks] mosserouns yflourys

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Aug 2 05:00:44 PDT 2010

Mosserouns florys appears in DC 55 or in plain language Diversa
Cibaria's recipe 55.
That's included in Curye on Inglysch on page 55. BUT it's also in
Pleyn Delit as recipe 36.
(and that can be seen in Google Books)

It was indexed as "Mushroom Flourished" in the Concordance of English
Recipes: Thirteenth Through Fifteenth Centuries (Medieval and
Renaissance Texts and Studies) by Hieatt, Nutter, and Holloway
(whoever that might be : D ) That's a really, really good reference
volume for looking up this sort of medieval English recipe or
answering this sort of question.

It's mentioned in the Florilegium in the pasties-msg file and the
mushrooms-msg file.

Johnna (playing librarian)