[Sca-cooks] A Feast Menu for Commentary

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 7 16:36:24 PDT 2010

Serena asked about what could hang off the elephant's trunk.  Well, just
about anything that a trunk could pick up.  Actual elephants have been
used to pick up tree trunks to clear paths.  I had envisioned the trunk
curling up around the handle of something like a bucket.

More crazy ideas... How about a figure of the Baron sitting in the
howdah?  How about the elephant's tail curled around and holding the
baronial standard?  Perhaps the poop could be in baronial colors.  There
certainly could be a large (blanket/fabric covering) draped over the
elephant (something like a large saddle blanket) decorated in baronial
colors or with the baronial arms.

If doing a sugar paste figure of the baron is too labor-intensive, what
about a small photo, cut out around his shape, and attached to a flat
piece of sugar paste, bent to sit in the howdah... or standing alongside
the elephant...  A 2-D body might work...

How crazy can we get since we aren't at Pennsic?  (First one I've missed
in 22 years.)

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming