[Sca-cooks] Silly Season Post

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:28:02 PDT 2010

Stefan, you are missing an important facet of your culinary education.  A
snickerdoodle is a joy to kids everywhere...my mom used to make them for us
when we were growing up.  It is essentially a sugar cookie.  When the dough
is all mixed, it is rolled into balls that are then dusted with cinnamon and
sugar mixture, the pressed flat with a glass...at least that's the way my
mother did it.

Kiri

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> <<< Huzzah! Its National Snickerdoodle Day (in the US)
> --
> Someone sometimes called Urtatim >>>
>
> And what is a "Snickerdoodle"?
>
> I've had some cookies sold as "snickerdoodles" but I'm not sure if they
> were the Real Thing (TM) or not.
>
> They had a sprinkling of brown sugar(?) on top and were softer cookies.
>
> Stefan

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince