[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Cooks' Collegium

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:36:42 PDT 2010

Thanks, Iasmin...she told me this in a phone conversation where a bunch of
other stuff was discussed...and, as my memory is about the size of the head
of a straight pin, I couldn't remember it!

Kiri

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Gaylin Walli <gaylinwalli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kiri wrote:
>
> >I did hear from Dame Hauviette that she may be bringing a lady who has
> > recently done research and has published a book on, IIRC, historical
> Turkish
> > cookery.  Iasmin or anyone else, can you confirm my rather fuzzy, aged
> > memory?
>
> Dame Hauviette has secured the collaboration of Mary Priscilla Isin from
> Istanbul Turkey. She is the author of "The King's Confectioner in the
> Orient" and has food historian, Ottoman Turkish translation, and author in
> her bat belt of cooking prowess. :)
>
> Iasmin

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince