[Sca-cooks] Thoughts for a new class

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:41:26 PDT 2010

I like the third possibility.  This might be difficult for a class taught at
a regular event but would be feasible at, say, a University.  If you were to
try it at Pennsic, you might have to do the second part in your
encampment...or one that has a kitchen that can be used.

Kiri

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM, <bronwynmgn at aol.com> wrote:

> I am currently considering a new class that I'd like to teach, but I'm not
> sure of the practicality or how the format should work.
>
> What I'd like to do is a practical redacting class.  I've done redacting
> days at my house where I've chosen a bunch of recipes, had people pick one,
> and work on it, and then dinner was the results.  This really isn't feasible
> at an event.
>
> What I'm considering is choosing one recipe, having the people access it
> beforehand to modernize the language and review it, and then discuss it
> together in the class and make a version.  Or, possibly, limit the size of
> the class to however much cooking space I have available and allow each
> person to make their own version (this is what I'd really prefer to do).
> Another possiblility would be a two-session class, where we review the
> recipe in the first class and then cook it in the second.
>
> What do you all think?  Is this a feasible thing to do, or am I setting
> myself up for a logistical nightmare?
>
> Brangwayna Morgan
> Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
> Lancastr, PA

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince