[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Cookin'

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Aug 22 17:00:20 PDT 2010

Well, the new food merchants aren't very good. Best of the commercial
food that we found was the Speedies at the Nobleman';s place.

As far as in camp cooking, we did more experiments with the pottery
cooking, first Thursday and Monday of War Week.
I'm waiting for Michael to publish the piuctures, so I can give you
guys the URLs.

One of the advantages of working with an archaeologist, is that he
brings us all sorts of good information. I had taken my laptop,
because I have some great smithing videos to show some of my students
(and then forgot the videos) so Michael downloaded a series of
pictures from some of his recent digs- Sacred Symbols and Martyrs at
Tell Tuneinir, Syria, and a Native American dig near St Louis.

However, we're looking for participants for next year. Michael intends
to continue to experiment with his Middle Eastern metalware, but
Elaine and I are going to try to work out a full meal, using her
pottery, from Sabina Welserin.
If anyone is interested in participating, lets start talking now.
She'll be making the pots soon, so we'll be needing to tell her what
we'll need her to make.