[Sca-cooks] Currywurst, and what's your favorite medieval wurst?

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 17:05:49 PDT 2010

> Good my lady Hilde: I took a look at the recipe and it calls for
> cheese. What kind of cheese do you use?
>
> In gratitude,
> Selene

When I was redacting the recipe I noted the instructions just said to use "cheese"
but in another recipe "Parmesian" was specifically noted. So I figured they just
called for a common German cheese. The instructions also call for the cheese to
be grated so I guessed it would be a hard cheese. Well, the hardest cheese I could
find in the period and location was a cave-aged Emmentalier. It's a nice sharp
cheese that grates wonderfully.

Gunthar