[Sca-cooks] OT: How to destroy a book

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 05:32:34 PDT 2010

I recently purchased the most recent edition in the Temeraire series, *Tongues
of Serpents* (excellent book, by the way).  The cover notes about the author
mentioned the fact that Jackson had purchased the options for the first 5 of
the books.  Can't wait!  Just asked my resident expert about SF sites, etc
and he said nothing has come out since the announcement of the purchase, and
that Jackson is currently working on *The Hobbit.*

Kiri

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Martha Sieting <osermart at msu.edu> wrote:

> Mistriss Kiri wrote:
>
> > Lastly, I'm currently reading the 7th in a series that has dragons as the
> > "air force" during the Napoleonic wars.  This series is so superb that
> Peter
> > Jackson has bought the rights to make a motion picture from them.
>
> Temeraire?  Really?!  Do you have anything more recent than the postings
> from 2006/2007 on the author's website?
>
> IMDB has something with the title of Temeraire listed for 2011, but all the
> details are only available in the "Pro" access that you have to pay for.
>
> That would be a really exciting movie to see, and you're right, the books
> have been superb!
>
> Helena

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince