[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 52, Issue 45

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 13:25:23 PDT 2010

Euriol of Lothian wrote:

The second is known as the Seven Pearls Dinner. I did a condensed version of a feast I did
the previous year . . . The recipes were inspired by late period
Spanish recipes. The menu was: . . .

Main Course (served seated)
Grilled Tuna with Orange Herb Sauce
Saffron Rice
Grilled Steak with Garlic Cheese spread
Onion Pottage

Dessert (served seated)
Angel's Food
Fresh Berries&  Melons

First of all in Spanish tradition the Onion Pottage should have been served first. I would have followed that in case I had any grilling delays. What was your thinking? Secondly, my understanding is that fruits were stewed. It has been tempting for me to serve them them fresh as it does simplify things but in Spain we have enough manzapanes and other desserts like that that can be made ahead of time so the question has never been brought up about serving fresh fruits. Is that permissible and if so to what degree?
Suey