[Sca-cooks] Sing a Song!

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:08:02 PST 2010

Rene wrote:
> so after the dinner, the bard is discarded? What about after dinner entertainment

When the meat is taken out of the fire, the bard is discarded. Then the
meat is put on a platter and taken to the carver. He removes the bard -
i.e. the bacon slices or lices of lamb fat, as per your religion,
covering the meat, and slices it. This is served to eaters as a 3rd or
4th course. - You have maybe 5 to go.
If you are going to go for a banquet in the Alhambra palace or one
across the way in the Albacian in Granada, you are going to have to
taste some nine courses. After dinner there will be entertainment. The
last time I attended one of those banquets, my husband, a friend of his
and I were the only three who stayed awake of some 50 through the
concert. If you stay awake until I get to desserts in my book I shall
crown you with music by Ziyrab, the Kurd who brought refinement to
southern Spain which filtrated to the rest of Europe. For him you not
only have after dinner but during dinner entertainment.
My period actually is 15th Century Castile when Miguel Lucas Iranzo,
Constable of Castille had a choir to sing at his door to wake in the
morning and then walk into his bedroom singing songs he and Henry IV of
Castile, older brother of Isabella and king for 20 years, composed. They
also sang these as entremets during meals as well as after.
Pls bare with me and continue to give me great advise,
  Suey

> I really liked the way I was able to explain the difference with the lovely pictures which make it so plain what the difference is. Please see my blog:
> http://spanishfoodma.blogspot.com/
> abardilla
> aguja de mechar
> If you are on a diet, consult with your nutritionist before opening. They look so hummy!
> What do you think?
> Suey
Am I missing something?