[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk?

JAMES REVELLS trollhiemsfjord at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 11:06:14 PST 2010

Hej!

    I am back again after being off the list for about three years, have I ever
missed you folks!  I have relocated to south west Georgia.  Yesterday I hosted
the Shire of Flintmarsh Yule party at my home (a pot luck meal).  For the party
I made Boiled Garlic & a dish of White Pork.  Both were recieved with
expressions of enjoyment, but, because all my period cook books are still in
storage, I have a question.  What is the best ratio of almonds to liquid to make
almond milk?  I used 4 c ground almonds to 6 c water, brought to a boil, [then
added 4 lbs of lean (80-20) ground pork to make the white pork] it seemed a
little "thin".

     On a related note I am going to start having a cooks day at my house once a
month to do period cooking with the Shire members.  We have a lot of good cooks,
but most don't do period cooker, I hope to help change that.

Pax,
Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord
Jim Revells,