[Sca-cooks] Dishes Named for People

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 16:43:48 PST 2010

I'm trying to come up with a list of dishes that are named for people ... like Pavlova and Peche Melba. I'm not looking for dishes named for occupations, like Chicken Caccatore (sp?), or named for the cook who invented or popularized a dish. The idea is more of renown through the culinary arts, i.e. a person is well know for some accomplishment and they are honored by having a food named for them. I would appreciate any suggestions (not necessarily period) for this listing.

The end point of this exercise is a party for cooks and costumers ... dress up as the historical person and bring the dish. Feel free to play with this thought if it amuses you.

Juana Isabella
West