[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk?

Antonia dama.antonia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 18:16:22 PST 2010

On 7/12/2010 8:06 AM, JAMES REVELLS wrote:
> What is the best ratio of almonds to liquid to make
> almond milk?  I used 4 c ground almonds to 6 c water, brought to a boil, [then
> added 4 lbs of lean (80-20) ground pork to make the white pork] it seemed a
> little "thin".

I haven't made this is a while, but I think in the past, I've used 1c
*whole* almonds to 3-4c water.

I find that pre-ground almonds make *rotten* almond milk-- thin and
flavourless.  I buy only whole, skinned almonds and puree them with hot
(not boiling water) in the food processor.  Then I add more water and
strain.  Then I puree again and add more water for a second pressing,
this time wringing through a cloth.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,