[Sca-cooks] Dishes Named for People

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 7 04:55:40 PST 2010

On Dec 7, 2010, at 1:25 AM, Dan Schneider wrote:

> eggs Benedict (possibly-actually I'm not *sure* these are named for someone[I've seen several explanations for the name], but it seems most likely)

In France these are Oeufs Benedictine, and the claim is that they are named for their resemblance to the robes of Benedictine monks (which, if you include the truffle slice, makes more sense than it otherwise would).

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter