[Sca-cooks] yoghurt sauce

Dan Schneider schneiderdan at ymail.com
Tue Dec 7 21:41:29 PST 2010

Hi Ian,

What kind of yoghurt are you using? I've found that most commercial yoghurts are kinda bland, so I'd suggest you try making a batch for yourself- just heat 2-4 liters of milk to 50C in the heaviest pot you have,and stir in a couple of tablespoons of *active culture* yogurt. Then, either wrap in a  couple of blankets with a heating pad set to low, or stick in the oven set as low as it'll go for 8-12 hours. the longer you let it set for, the sourer it'll be.

Dan