[Sca-cooks] OOP: coffee grinders

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Dec 8 11:46:50 PST 2010

I had several, at one point one for green herbs, one for spices, and
one for coffee. I just got very basic cheapies rather like this one -

http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-E160B-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B00006IUX5

although I don't remember the brands.

They're quick, they're cheap, and they're easy to clean for powdering
or otherwise minimizing a lot of different materials. However, if you
have one you use for coffee, don't use it for anything else, because
while you can easily get them reasonably clean, it's almost impossible
to get them spotless. While cinnamon tastes good in coffee, coffee
doesn't always taste good in cinnamon.

And, pulse them, rather than try to run them hard for a while.
Otherwise, they'll tend to heat up your spices, which is often not a
good thing.