[Sca-cooks] French feast suggestion?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 06:29:23 PST 2010

Well, it looks pretty good and complete to me.  but you could always do
something like Boeuf Bourgignon...or maybe Coquille St. Jacques.  I know
they are "old warhorses" but they are good. Some years back, we did a beef
roulade dish that was very tasty...I don't have the recipe to hand, but I'm
sure you could find it online. I did take a look and found this one...
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1727,155185-235204,00.html
 <http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1727,155185-235204,00.html>
So far as a side dish is concerned, I'd do a starch...how about escalloped
potatoes or perhaps a risotto?  You could probably find a Provencal version
of risotto that would work...

Kiri

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:01 AM, Michael Gunter <dookgunthar at hotmail.com>wrote:

> My problem is that I want another meat and some kind of side but I really
> can't figure what to add.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Gunthar
>
> --
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince