[Sca-cooks] Possibly OOP--Moravian bakery items (Winston Salem, NC)

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 12:59:26 PST 2010

Did you want a modern recipe for what they make and sell now?

There are North Carolina cookbooks that have the recipes in them. I
think Best of the Best from North Carolina has a recipe. Also there's
North Carolina and Old Salem cookery . The recipe for them from that
book appears at:

http://www.slashfood.com/2009/01/02/moravian-love-feast-buns/

You can actually search on "love feast buns" and also find recipes.
The heart healthy version is part of this pdf

Old Salem from an. Kitchen. Heart-Healthy Recipes. Page 2. Lovefeast
Buns. Winkler Moravian Sugar Cake. Winkler Sugar Cookies. Moravian
Ginger Cookies ...
www2.wfubmc.edu/NR/rdonlyres/...681F.../old_salem_recipes.pdf

Hope this helps

Johnnae