[Sca-cooks] A necesseary instructional video

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 13 20:36:42 PST 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 10:02 PM, Margaret Rendell wrote:

> and I went back and it works for me now! I wonder what that was about. Sorry to be so quick on the whinge...
>
> I so want to try that now, because it sounds yummy. What could possibly go wrong?
>

> Emma
>
> PS is that the standard US pronunciation of gnocchi?

As far as I know, the standard US pronunciation is NYO-ki.

The one that drives me crazy is the pseudo-Greek back-documented pronunciation of gyro, which is a little like the insistence on a faux French pronunciation for Claudette Chauchoin's American stage name of Colbert, which was intended to hide her French ancestry, and properly pronounced COLL-burt, not Kohl-bear.

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter